Monday 12 November 2012

Having been trawling the internet for various designers trying to establish who floats my boat in the fabric designing world I have now settled for a few favourites (for the time being).  That being said, there are, I’m sure hundreds more amazing designers yet to be discovered. How exciting!

Let me give you a quick run down of one of my favourite designers

Amy Butler
Amy has a few extraordinary collections out at the moment. My favourite collection has to be ‘Lark’ a modern take on Floral design. I managed to acquire a scrap of her temple doors fabric in green from ebay recently too. It’s only a small bit so I’m thinking of a little girls tunic dress. My daughter will love it!

She is also launching a new fashion range this December. The range will encompass the usual quilting weight fabrics but the fashion fabric offerings include rayon challis, velveteen, sateen, voile and linen cotton. Beautiful, I’m  looking forward to getting my hands on them. Her website has links to all her ranges of fabric, patterns and home décor. http://www.amybutlerdesign.com

I am currently making a quilt using Amy Butlers Nigella fabric that I was lucky enough to find in a local shop here on the Isle of Wight. The quilt is my own design and every panel has been individually cut and measured to fit around the randomly sized patterned material.
I chose some of the Kona Solids range from Kaufman for the purple and muted green shades. I haven’t decided how I plan to finish the back off yet. Something simple I think. When it’s finished, I will pop it into my etsy shop for some lucky soul to purchase.


 King Size quilt with green and purple kona solids and Amy Butlers Nigella fabric.


No comments:

Post a Comment