Saturday 17 November 2012

Up-cycled leggings



I went off on one of my weekly charity shop hauls recently with a good friend and my 3 year old daughter (who actually really enjoys this kind of shopping weirdly). Out of the corner of my eye I spotted a fabulous azteccy patterned pair of handmade leggings. Seconds later, as I was walking towards them, I watched in horror as my friend whipped them off the rail and declared that she had found them first. This is often a problem when shopping with this particular friend as our impeccable tastes are very similar. Anyway, on the rail right next to the leggings was a maxi dress with a really appealing pattern. The actual dress was fairly uninspiring but in a eureka moment I realised that I could make it into whatever else I fancied, perhaps a pair of leggings  to equal the bargainous beauty of the pair my friend had snipped up first. 
I got the dress home and my daughter and I painstakingly removed the elastic shearing and laid out the dress ready to be cut up. We decided that little person leggings would be best so using a pair of my daughters leggings as a template we made some very funky leggings for her. You can see them below. 
I have also now made her a comfy dress to go with them from the same material. Not bad for a dress that cost a quid! My etsy shop may have  some in stock and further up-cycled leggings will be added as our charity shop foraging continues.



No comments:

Post a Comment